The Skyline Writing Center is a student-run, student-centered program that puts tutors in important decision-making and organizational roles.
Each year, Writing Center students are selected to serve as program leaders to mentor and train tutors, maintain our partnerships, organize the publication of Teen Spirit, lead our social media and marketing, and develop exceptional events, like our International Write-In for Change.
Our 2022-2023 student leaders are Salsabeel Hodge, Avivah Mitchel, El Myers, Dylan Schueler and Nina Taleb Bendiab.
Previous Student Leaders
- 2021-2022: Peter Cohn, Sydney Cunningham, Caitlyn Donnelly, Salsabeel Hodge.
- 2020-2021: Erin Page, Sophie Reznick, Elizabeth Smith, Jocelyn Valenzuela
- 2019-2020: Alison MacGillivray, Gianna Shipp, Madeleine Van Delden
- 2018-2019: Emma Rose Carpenter, Carsten Finholt, Isabella Preissle
- 2017-2018: Brigette Bauer, Bailey Christensen, Madeline Small
- 2016-2017: Anne Boyd, Christopher Morgan-Martin, Star Su
- 2015-2016: Skylar Burkhardt
- 2014-2015: Adriana Hassan
Writing Center Houses
The Writing Center’s House system is a tiered mentoring system designed to create a more personalized climate for tutors in the Writing Center so that they can use their voice, find a home, and receive individual feedback and mentoring. Each of our student leaders mentors a group of 8-10 of their Writing Center peers throughout the year to help Writing Center feel like a team and to ensure that all tutors can be at their very best while collaborating with their classmates.
Meet Our Third Trimester Tutors